Today, October 10th, is World Mental Health Day.
I have spent years sharing my story of overcoming depression, at times feeling suicidal, and overcoming the loss of my father by suicide.
I wrote my autobiography, ‘Still Standing: When You Have Every Reason to Give Up, Keep Going‘, as another means of providing people with hope and direction to pull themselves out of dark times.
Today, I would like to recap these lessons and share them with you in one place to help you get the help you need if you are struggling.
Top Blogs I’ve Written
When you are in darkness, it can be hard to see the light.
But know that you are not alone and there is help available.
Most importantly, remember to adopt The Hero Mindset where you focus on small things that make a big difference to become a hero in your own story.
If you are struggling, you can turn it around.
I know, because if I have, you can too.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, here are some resources that are available.
- Canada Suicide Prevention Helpline (1-833-456-4566)
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (1 800 463-2338)
- Crisis Services Canada (1-833-456-4566 or text 45645)
- Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868)
- If you need immediate assistance, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital