Join Kevin in the
Wings For Life World Run!
Wings for Life is a global charity raising funds for spinal cord injury research.
What is Wings For Life and the
Wings For Life World Run?
Wings for Life is a global charity raising funds for spinal cord research, and The Wings For Life World Run is a charity race held in May every year.
Its motto is 'running for those who can't'. You can help a good cause if you take part because 100% of your entry fee goes to help the Wings for Life foundation. This is a charity that has made it its mission to find a cure for spinal cord injury.
What Makes This Run So Unique?
The run is so special because participants take part across the world at exactly the same moment, all connected by the Wings For Life World Run App. You can run together with thousands of others without needing to be together at a single location. Over 77,000 people participated in 2020 from 2014 countries worldwide.
What's more, is that there is no finish line. You get a chance to see how far you can go, without any pressure. There is no set distance. Instead, the Wings For Life World Run has a moving finish line called a Catcher Car that pursues you at an increasing speed via the App! On when this car catches you, your run will be over.
What is Team Coast 2 Coast?
Team Coast 2 Coast is a team of ambassadors affected by spinal cord injury are raising funds for spinal cord injury research by running the distance across Canada – and you can help! #TeamCoast2Coast has a goal to collectively run 5,500 KM (distance from Vancouver to Halifax) and are asking Canadians to join their team in achieving their goal. You can join their mission by participating via the app on May 9th.
Who is on Team Coast 2 Coast?
- Former professional skier turned motivational speaker - Mike Shaw (Vernon)
- Paralympic athlete and XGames medalist - Sam Danniels (North Vancouver)
- Former professional mountain biker - Andrew Cho (Vancouver)
- Paralympic hall of famer - Josh Dueck (Vernon)
- Olivia Rey (Whistler)
- Hockey mentor - Ryan Straschnitzki (Calgary)
- Bodybuilder - Shane Dyck (Winnipeg)
- Sledge hockey Paralympian - Kevin Rempel (Toronto)
- Marathon runner - Robert MacDonald (Toronto)
- Former professional wakeboarder - Ben Leclair (Montreal)
- Musician - Jim Mullan (Halifax)
How to Register:
1) Just download the free Wings for Life World Run App from the App Store to your phone >>>CLICK HERE <<<
2) Register for May 9th, 2021
3) Then join #TeamCoast2Coast on the app to follow along. Run whatever distance you can, every kilometer counts.
What time is the event at on May 9th, 2021?
Vancouver Start: 4am PST
Calgary Start: 5am MST
Toronto & Montreal Start: 7am EST
Halifax Start: 8am AST
How does this benefit Canadians?
Funds raised have funded close to 40 research studies across in Canada to date, 11 of which are happening now.
Where does my registration fee go?
100% of your registration fees and donations do towards spinal cord injury research.
How much does it cost to register?
The registration fee is $23.00 USD or approximately $30.00 CAD. You can feel good knowing 100% of your registration fee is going towards funding valuable research. Close to 40 studies have been funded in Canada alone.