Doctors said he’d never walk again.
A freestyle motocross accident left Kevin wheelchair-bound. His injury was almost identical to his father Gerry’s, whose fall from a tree stand had left him a paraplegic just four years prior.
Two men in two wheelchairs in the same house dealt with loss in opposite ways. Kevin was determined to overcome the physical and emotional battle and fight his way back. However Gerry’s bitterness overtook him. He drove everyone away and eventually took his own life. The family was devastated.
Despite loss after loss, Kevin worked to rebuild his health, mind, and career. He chose to see it all as an opportunity to reinvent himself. Leaving motocross behind, he pursued sledge hockey and rose quickly to the top helping Canada earn gold in the 2013 World Championships and bronze in the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, Russia.
Today, Kevin shares his story to inspire others to never give up. You have all the courage needed to rise above your challenges. It takes resilience, perseverance, and commitment to stick through hard times. Kevin firmly believes that if he can overcome his adversity and tragedy, you can overcome yours.
"You learn to survive hard times by living hard times." - Kevin Rempel
You will be left speechless when you hear the full story.
Kevin has lived a rollercoaster of a life and is a testament that if he can do it, you can do it.
WATCH KEVIN IN ACTION:
BE THE HERO OF YOUR OWN MOVIE
Learn How To Be Stronger Than Your Circumstances
Sometimes it feels like we are constantly going through massive change that never ends. We want to quit. We want to throw in the towel. We just aren’t sure when enough is enough and our efforts start to slow down.
Kevin has gone through massive change in his life from a healthy teenager working construction, to overnight being paralyzed in a wheelchair. His family was torn up when his father also sustained a spinal cord injury, then passed away. From making Team Canada to being cut from the team - Kevin just keeps coming back.
Kevin is the hero of his own movie.
Consistently looked to for advice and support when times are tough, Kevin teaches you how to embrace your failures and take things one step at a time while you hold your vision and keep moving forward. It’s up to you to Be The Hero Of Your Own Movie as you learn you are stronger than your circumstances.
- TAKE THINGS ONE STEP AT A TIME - Nothing great was achieved overnight. It takes hundreds of small baby steps. When you don’t know where to start, start small. Break down your goals to help get yourself unstuck and build momentum towards conquering your fears!
- ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY - We look for excuses all the time, but when was the last time you started to look for reasons? Reframe what you think is holding you back and see that you have the power to choose which role you play. Transition from being a victim to being a victor!
- MAINTAIN FAITH - It’s possible to see things that don’t yet exist and can create a reality that you are excited about. Learn the tools and techniques Kevin used to wake up everyday with a smile, holding a vision strongly in sight even when things seem hopeless!
FINDING RESILIENCY THROUGH COURAGE
How to Walk Into Your Fears
Resiliency is not something you are born with, it’s something you develop. You learn to endure hard times by living hard times.
Do you know that feeling when you want to give up? When you’re tired, broken down, and don’t know where to turn?
This is the time to walk into your fears with courage and begin the hero’s journey. This is the time where leaders are born, when comeback stories begin, and when legends are made.
This is your time to rise up.
Finding Resiliency Through Courage is a remarkable workshop which leaves you feeling stronger and more confident to face your biggest challenges yet.
What you will learn:
- The Ten Commandments of Resiliency
- How to become mentally strong in the most challenging times
- Why asking for help is a real strength and how to ask effectively
- The top five areas you need to focus on to maintain your resiliency
- How to enjoy the process of growing stronger
"It was a perfect fit with what we’re teaching in this course, and I really appreciated all your efforts making it as relevant as possible to this audience. Everyone was completely captivated. You could hear a pin drop in the room.” - Ada Tang, Professor at McMaster University
“Kevin is an inspiration and he is on the cusp of huge success with his new book, his business ventures and his impact on society in general. Kevin is an incredible speaker who draws people in, finds a way to relate to each person and helps them to become better as a result.” — Laura Humphries, Royal Bank of Canada